How We Work
Our company want to be straightforward and clear with our process to make sure that you understand where you are at all times. Our approach, detailed below demonstrates how we work:
- The initial stage is to organise a scheduled appointment with one of our property surveyors. You can easily email or call to schedule a time that is convenient for you.
- Our property surveyor will arrive at your home to go over your needs and, examine your loft space. They will inform you on the most effective use of your space and the appropriate planning and building regulation guidelines.
- You will be in receipt of a comprehensive written quotation for your works within 5 working days.
- You are more than welcome to see past work, usually a project that was similar to your own.
- A deposit is taken once you are happy with every aspect of the quote and would like to proceed.
- Our architect will go to your home to undertake a comprehensive loft survey. This will incorporate taking measurements so that plans can be drawn up.
- We will provide you a copy of the plans to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with them before they are sent out to Building Control. It will be sent to the local council at this stage if your project involves a planning/lawful development application.
- Before work starts, you will have to serve party wall notices to your neighbour which they will have to sign before the start of the work. If required, we have a party wall surveyor who we can put you in touch with.
- You will have a meeting with your dedicated Project Manager once work is ready to start. At this meeting, the Project Manager will go through the build approach, detail what you should anticipate and to respond to any questions that you may have.
- Your scaffolding will be erected and building materials will be delivered ready for the commencement of work.
- The moment work has commenced your Project Manager is your first point of contact in every instance. They are proficient and well versed in the work that we carry out for our clients.
- We aim to be rational with our time frames, and estimate 8-10 weeks to undertake your project. This depends on choices that you may have to make throughout the process. We allow this amount of time to make certain that we can produce a top quality loft space that 100% happy with, without cutting any corners.
- Once your loft is finished, you will get a 10 YEAR guarantee for the works and your completion certificate from Building Control.
- You will be left with a fantastic space that you can use for whatever you wish.
Shown below is a simple time line, which lays out the different phases of a common build process. It is not exhaustive, but should help explain how we plan to deliver your loft conversion, and who is involved at each stage.
As you will see, we operate a ‘kick the tires’ approach to payments, i.e. we only ask for a payment on upon completion of a task that is visible to you.